Saturday, September 24, 2005

Airline actually helpful

Wow, I have two pieces of good news to report at once. First and foremost, it looks like Molly will be able to fly out to Providence. I don't often say this, but thank you Northwest Airlines!

Northwest has issued a "weather waiver" for Hurricane Rita, but it offered limited relief to disrupted travelers. According to a notice on nwa.com, the airline will rebook passengers whose flights got cancelled without the usual $100 change fee (subject to availability). You would still have to pay the difference in fare price between your old and new itinerary, however, so that could still cost you a pretty penny. But Molly was able to get a seat on a flight out of Dallas tomorrow (Sunday) with no additional cost incurred. Whoo-hoo!

Earlier, I had to buy a whole new ticket because Northwest didn't issue the waiver until the hurricane hit Cat 5 status. Since nothing on God's green earth is going to stop me from defending on Monday, I couldn't wait for them to get their act together - I took care of things myself. But the airline was kind enough to refund the cost of my cancelled ticket. Many thanks again to the folks at Northwest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home